003 :: ashley marie wilson on being a mama, wife, rebel + visionary and making it all sacred
If you're diggin' what you hear, send me a little love note in the form of a review of iTunes!
a Brand Writer and Marketing Strategist and the Founder of Sacred Rebel. Sacred Rebel is a space for visionaries, creatives and movement builders to cultivate purpose-driven strategies. Ashley and I first connected over her mission/vision + our dedication to Moroccan Mint Tea (yummm).
- "Visionaries are rebellious people that have something sacred sitting inside of them."
- "If it's hard for me it's probably because I'll need to teach somebody else the details."
- "If I'm drained, I'm not gonna be any good for my family or for my clients."
- "True professionalism is excellence."
- "Whatever you're doing, be excellent in it." (click to tweet)
- When it comes to self-care: "No matter what you do, the world can wait."
- "Yes, you have a community that you serve, but at the end of the day if you're not okay, everything you produce is not going to be of it's highest value."
- Before you dive deep into branding, ask yourself: "Why should people care?"
- "If you want something that's sustainable. If you want something that could really change your life and have where it's real and not just on a whim of popularity, you have to be more than just the logo or the business card – you have to have a voice."
- "Why would I ever make myself small so that somebody else can wrap their minds around what I do?"
- "I want to do my business in a way that shows that you can love God with all your heart and still be a fierce business woman."
- On the fear of giving everything away: "Don't be stingy with what you have to teach or offer or share."
- "Honor what you've been called to do." (click to tweet)