001 :: vasavi kumar on living unapologetically, taking a break + coming back with integrity
If you're diggin' what you hear, send me a little love note in the form of a review of iTunes!
often described as "your kick-in-the-pants guide en route to your desired destination.” She is a licensed social worker, special education teacher, and a certified coach. Vasavi holds dual Masters degrees in Special Education from Hofstra University and Social Work from Columbia University. She has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, was a regular on NBC’s Kansas City Live as the “Keepin’ It Real Guru.” and was on VH1’s Basketball Wives where she coached one of the main stars of the show. She truly believes that with impeccable character, work ethic, and unwavering values, you can do, be and have anything you want.
- Vasavi took a sabbatical for most, if not all, of 2015 and the three lessons she learned were this:
- "You cannot get anywhere in life and have it be sustainable if you do not have solid character."
- You must figure out what you value most in your life.
- Defining your boundaries in business and life is everything.
- I asked Vasavi: "What helped you cultivate the trust you have in your voice?" and she responded, "Well, all of the other voices around me sucked."
- "We would be happier as a human race if people learned to acknowledge themselves and were not so needy for external acknowledgement."
- On being told what you should be doing: "Until they are in your situation, they need to shut the fuck up."
- "You are not tied to your online life."
- "You're opinions do not pay my bills."
- Rent Vasavi's Brain
- Sara Davidson of hellofearless.com
- Go to your fave app store and download your most relevant banking app to cultivate a healthy relationship with your finances.
- Astrostyle App
- Stop, Breathe, Think App